At Lakeland Capabilities Ltd we are committed to protecting your privacy.
This privacy statement explains what personal information we hold, when and why we hold it, how we use and process it and your rights to that information, in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable laws.
Should you have any questions regarding this statement and our privacy practices please email email@example.com or telephone us on +44 (0) 7855 494378.
INFORMATION WE HOLD
The personal data that we have is either provided to us by you, your employer or your potential employer (or recruitment agencies operating on their behalf in certain recruitment contexts). This may be from when you subscribe to join our mailing list, or request information or a service from Lakeland Capabilities Ltd.
The information we hold could include the following:
- Identifying Information – e.g. first name, last name, role title
- Contact Information – email address, phone number, postal address
- Professional Information – company name, job title, qualifications and certifications
- Behavioural Information – psychometric test data and survey tool data
- Marketing & contact preferences – how you like to be contacted and preferences for marketing information and newsletters
WHEN DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use your data:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us, or to fulfil our contract with a client (employing organisation). These services may include consultancy services, training courses or the provision of products
- if you have given us your consent to do so
- when we are legally required to do so
- in an anonymised format for research purposes
- to contact you following an enquiry
- to contact you with information on our services
- to seek your feedback on the services we provide
- to notify you of changes to our services
- to send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include our newsletter, blogs, marketing campaigns and invitations to events.
WHY WE HOLD THIS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Lakeland Capabilities Ltd often acts as a data processor, collecting and processing data on behalf of our clients (who act as the data controller) e.g. when a client asks us to administer psychometric tests as part of a recruitment process.
In some contexts, Lakeland Capabilities Ltd acts as a data controller where we collect data from you e.g. when collating research data in order to analyse and validate our tools and services (in this example we would anonymise your personal data).
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA IN PROVIDING SERVICES TO OUR CLIENTS?
Your information will be used to deliver contracted services and products and only for the stated purpose. In carrying out these services we may do one or more of the following:
- communicate with you by email or phone
- generate psychometric test, survey and assessment reports and provide them to an employing organisation who has requested this service from Lakeland Capabilities Ltd
- use information collected on individuals to report at a team, department or organisational level, using aggregated data
- we may use personal information (in an anonymised format) for our own internal research purposes, in order to analyse the efficacy of our tools and services, provide validation data or to produce relevant internal and external benchmark groups
Your personal information is held and processed in the UK. Your personal information may also be held and processed in the EU and/or the US (the latter applies to certain psychometric tests Lakeland Capabilities Ltd currently uses). If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this statement.
WHAT WE DON’T DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We will not sell or rent your information to third parties
- We will not share your information with third parties for any purpose, unless agreed in advance with you. However, we may share certain information with our team of sub-contractors, Associates or our suppliers, who are working on our behalf to deliver our contracted services
- We may also transfer your personal information to a third party if we’re legally obliged to disclose or share your personal data. However, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected
- We do not use your data for any purposes other than those agreed in our contract
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship and providing our services to you and your employing organisation
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance
- We will hold the information we use to communicate with you until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive information from us or you want us to delete your personal data
- Where a client (data controller) has requested we collect psychometric test / assessment tool / survey data for their employee or candidate, any personal data that we hold will be kept in line with their own policy and requirements, or where the data controller has not communicated this with us we will hold the data for no longer than 6 months.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA RIGHTS
Current data protection laws mean that you can at any time request:
- that your details are not to be used for marketing purposes
- that we provide you with a copy of the information we hold about you
- that we correct any inaccuracies or gaps in your information.
- In order to make any such request or to update your marketing preferences please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on +44 (0)7855 494378.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAWS?
To summarise, here is a list of your rights below. Some may not apply in all contexts, and we can explain which apply to your context at a time you contact us about them:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making that has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
For more information about your personal data rights please visit the Information Commissioner Office website at: http://ico.org.uk.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact us at Lakeland Capabilities Ltd, Well Croft, 59 High Brigham, Brigham, Cockermouth, Cumbria CA13 0TE. Alternatively, you can telephone +44 (0)7855 494378 or email email@example.com.